Proceed with Payment
SILKEBORGLuxury garments of one of the world’s finest fibers
1. Shearing is the harvest of alpaca fiber.
2. In Peru alpacas are sheared once a year during the months of October and November taking advantage of the higher temperatures of spring providing an environment that keeps the newly sheared alpacas comfortable.
3. Before the shearing, alpacas must be selected considering a minimum weight and age. The main concern is the safety of the animal so they shall be comfortable and in healthy conditions.
4. The fiber extracted from one alpaca can weigh between 2.70 and 3 kilos (6 and 6.60 lbs), giving about 2 kilos (4.40 lbs) of yarn.
5. After shearing, the fiber is baled and brought to the factory to be hand-sorted by artisans for fineness and colors according to old traditions going back to pre-iIca times.